Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Boston and a few finishes


We have been to Boston.  No great news from the doctors.  Keep on keeping on.  I stitched this survivor pin for a friend whose mother is battling breast cancer.  I had the pattern but I didn't like the middle part. So, I filled it with Queen's Stitches and left the ends empty because they look like hearts.

Okay.... this won't happen often.  Here is a photo of my dear husband and I at Cheers bar in Boston last night.  I hate to have my photo taken.  We did have a good dinner and a good time 'being out on the town'.  Oh My - I don't miss big city stuff.  I was glad to come home today.

9 comments:

Linda said...

That's a wonderful picture of you two!! You should have it framed! Glad you're home safe. The pink ribbon is so nice - love the little white hearts!

Kathryn said...

I don't like having my picture taken either, but I sure like to see pictures of my friends! Glad to see this picture of you and Jack!

Connie said...

Awwwwww! That's a GREAT picture!
Don't despair, Taffy. Doctors and diseases rarely take into account the amazing abilities of the body and mind to fight! And, Jack certainly looks like a fighter to me!!!

Anonymous said...

A Keeper photo of you two. Every now and then I get photos that I will "tolerate" myself. LOL It's good to get out and about in the big city every now and then...reminds us why we live away from it, making home all that much more welcoming.

Anonymous said...

great picture have one framed

nancy c

Ann said...

Hi Taffy,
I haven't been around for a couple of weeks ... I'm crossing my fingers for you and your husband that he'll be having some better news soon.
Looks like a lovely picture to me!
Kind greetings,
Ann

Anja said...

Oh, Taffy, it is a wonderful photo!
Liebe Grüße von Anja

Jeanne said...

Love the picture. A treasure for sure.

viv said...

Just home myself. Sorry you didn't get more encouraging news. I understand about photo shyness as I don't like having mine made either, but this one of you and Jack is definitely a keeper and a great one to share. Love and continuing prayers.