Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Each stitch here is a smyrna cross. I am getting near the end at this point. I think we should have a contest for the chart. My next posting on this will be when it is complete. I did a bit of the translation when I was stitching this and my notes are on the French chart. I will send the chart to anyone, anywhere. I will number the comments posted on the next post. I will leave it up for a bout a week and then pick a winner. Good luck everyone. As much as I protected stitching this, it wasn't all that bad. The stitch diagrams are clear. I just needed to translate where the stitches were used. I wrote on the pattern so that should help.
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
The first photo shows the tea pot and cups that are stitched over one. The ladies now have french knots in their dresses. I also show the tree next to the ladies complete. The other photo shows where I added the second tree on the other side ofthe house and the bargello at the bottom with beads. This project is now complete.
It was designed to be make a tea pot cozy. I won't do that but I might make it into a cozy and cover some tools I use in my stitching room. I have already heard one vote for framing. I just don't know.
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Friday, June 19, 2009
Now - - here is some fancy stuff. LOL. The center is french knots in red. The petals are bullion knots done with an overdyed floss. Imagine - french knots with 10 to 12 wraps. Just try keeping all the wraps in place as you finish the stitch. It was quite difficult. (Of course finding the correct needles a week later didn't help....) Each bullion knot is surrounded with a lazy daisy stitch in blue. Then the outside yellow stitches are all lazy daisy stitches. I think this is the most impressive stitch on this design. The stems around this flower will need a bit of work to make them match up with the flower design. After those bullion knots, fixing the stems will be a piece of cake.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
My next assignment in this project was to do the satin stitch (outlined) leaf and then the two pink queen stitch flowers. I love the Queen Stitch. This is a stitch that many people don't care for but I think it looks great and is relatively easy to do. The next assignment will be to fill that gap in the stem to the right.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
This was a little design that was the back of the Stars and Stripes chart. I like it.
I have gotten quite far behind on posting. I have the parts and finish on the Tea Party to post. There is one more of these designs that was a freebie from Prairie Schooler. Then there is the Pere Noel in bits and parts. I plan to post every day for quite some time.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Ok - - the vine in simple cross stitch. The leaves are simple straight stitch. The strawberries are a rhodes design. I had to do the translation in order to figure out the stitch and the alternating colors. I think the translation is perhaps wrong since this is a Christmas design and I can't imagine strawberries being part of the Christmas holiday. I have the grey smoke started and a bit done on the two chimneys.
Sunday, June 14, 2009
This is Pere Noel Charmant by TournicOtOn. This was a kit of the month that I purchased last year. It took forever to get it - - it came from France. I have been working on this for about a week. I will add more Americana ornaments to fill in soon - - I do try to stay about a week ahead of the blog. (I don't like the pressure....) ANYWAY - This is a very cute design. It is filled with many, many specialty stitches with just a few regular cross stitches. I have a problem - all the instructions are IN FRENCH!!! The stitch diagrams are self explanatory but the instructions telling you where to use each stitch are to be used are in French. Trust me when I say that my limited high school French classes are of little use for this project. My plan is to use my color photo, shown here, as my main guide. I am also using an on line translator for some of the instructions. Arghhhhhh - - this is going to be a challenge.