Friday, December 20, 2013

One flower done.....

One flower almost done!!  I have been working on my project.  I had to give up on the lap stand and I am just working with the Qsnaps at this point.  I think it is coming along well.  Perhaps this weekend, I will have chart number one done.





I have been contemplating (and discussing with a friend) the idea of cross stitch afghans.  I have done them on afghan fabric with squares defined by colored threads for even just a change in the way the fabric is woven.  Personally - - I like this idea of cashel fabric with no divisions between the charts/blocks.  I think it will look even better.  There will be no question as to how the squares go together.  Just a thought......

2 comments:

Faith... said...

It looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I'm not sure about the cashel for an afghan..but you could talk me into it... Do you use your afghans for warmth or just for decoration. Can you give me some reasons why Cashel would be good to use? I'm just curious as there are several afghans I'd like to make. Your work is beautiful and I thank you for sharing a piece of your life. Happy New year Taffy!