Saturday, December 14, 2013

Let It Snow!

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.  Ok - enough of that.  Although I am happy to think that this snow will be enough that someone else will plow and shovel!  Enough shoveling for me.  It is pretty.  I am curious to see what tomorrow brings.  I have seen so many really pretty pictures from my friends in St. Louis. Maybe tomorrow I can share a photo or two.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I broke a rule!  I normally try to only have one cross stitch project going at one time.  BUT it is snowing!!  It was 4 degrees this morning - it is cold, cold, cold.  So I have been itching to work on a new afghan.  So here is the start of it.

 It is a border in red and green.  This is a beautiful afghan from the Stoney Creek magazine.  It is called Christmas Village.  I am stitching it over two, with 4 threads on 20 count Lugana.  I have never been a fan of checkerboard stitching but I will be doing a lot of it with this one. 


I did work on the current Just Nan - Autumn project.  I am just not sure of those little pumpkins in yellow, green and red.  All I can think of is Angry Birds.  Geez!  I hope everyone stays safe tonight. 

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Maybe your red, green, and yellow pumpkins are red, green, and yellow apples. Either way, I like your Autumn piece.

Robin in Virginia