Monday, October 3, 2011

New Mail Art and a bit of stitching

I have been on pins and needles waiting for my mail art to arrive. Here it is!! In Purple!! It is all stitched over one and just love the alphabet she used for my address. The theme was using the free charts from Aunt's Attic and the creativity you can muster.
I did a bit more of the back stitching......Fish and lures.....
I am testing out a Grip and Stitch. My fabric is so small I can't stretch it top and bottom so perhaps this isn't the best test. It is holding the fabric very tightly from side to side. My friend had trouble getting the lap stand to tightly hold the Grip and Stitch. I do believe I solved it.
Here is the back of the mail art complete with purple button and cording to close the envelope. Oh and I didn't get a photo but the lining is beautiful and purple of course. I am quite pleased with my mail art from Germany.

To answer an follower - Anja, being able to stitch two handed makes a world of difference! Enjoy your new stand and in a very short period of time you will have smoking needles!!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love, Love, Love the mailart. I am going to try one someday. Max is starting to pop with the backstitching. I had never seen the Grip and Stitch thingy. Please let us know what you really think of it.