Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Colors, a new start and a mess.....

Fall Colors out the back door
Fall Colors at the Front Door

Mail Art - the Beginning

This is just a mess.....
I wasn't sure if anyone was still interested in the fall colors.  I am in awe most of the time while we go about our daily errands to see the beautiful colors.  I have also watched showers of leaves coming down.  Fall will be gone before we know it.  I love, love, love being here to see this fall.
Meanwhile I started a new mail art.  I started with a tea towel.  I want to make a pocketed purse out of it when I am done.  The 'theme' is anything type of stitching, not just cross stitch.  So I started with some specialty stitches in the color bands.  This will be under the back flap of the envelope.  I did this much before I decided to start cleaning up my mess.
I have been saving small amounts of floss for years.  It was all in a box.  Well, when I need just a bit of some color, I just dig in and find it.  Well, it has become just a mass of tangled threads.  So I spent some time pulling out 'like threads', putting a small, loose knot in that bunch and then making a new pile.  I hope it works out.  I am less than a quarter of the way through the pile.  ARgh - - it will take some time.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors are awesome. Your pictures show how quickly they change, amazing!
If you get sick of sorting the little threads, birds like them for their nest building, lol.

Claudette497 said...

I love the fall color! It's glorious to see those beautiful trees every day - makes me want to move to someplace with weather, lol.

Anja said...

Dear Taffy,
yes, I love to see the fall colors!
What a great place to live.
Do you have some fotos of your town or village?
And a foto of your personnel cross stitch shop? It would be interesting to see.

To clear all the stitching yarn you must see it as a meditation thing. It will give you a good feeling when it is ready.

Liebe Grüße von Anja