Saturday, December 13, 2014

Zippity Do Dah!

The sun came out today.  I hadn't realized how much I was missing the sun.  It made the snow so bright that it hurt your eyes but I welcomed it anyway.


 I spent most of the day making Sugarplum the horse.  This is from Victoria Sampler - Down Jinglepot Road #2.  She was fun to do.

Yesterday I made Holly Farm House from the same chart.  Both will be ornaments soon.

Yesterday I put this one together.  Sweetheart Tree Door Knocker - Merry Christmas.  This will be a gift soon.  I was asked how I make these.  I generally cut some cardboard or foam core board the size I want.  I also cut some very thin shirt cardboard the same size.  I cover both with a piece of quilt batting.  I cover the stiffer board with the cross stitch piece.  I use double sided tape for small items.  I use an appropriate fabric for the thinner card board which is added to the back.  Place a hanger if necessary and sandwich it all together.  I then stitch around the edge, perhaps covering the edge with cording as in this case.  Wah Lah! 



2 comments:

viv said...

Wow you are getting so much done. I only have the truck done, but would love to do the rest of Jingle Pot Road.
My hubby cannot stand cloudy days and we have had a bunch of them. We finally saw the sun again yesterday, but only intermittently today. Keep up the beautiful stitching.

Sandra said...

Very nice stitching and thank you for sharing how you finish off some of your pieces.