Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Christmas is Coming - -

I have a party to host next week.  Suddenly I realized that I should have the house decorated before that party.  So there is now a deadline.  Today the tree went up with lights.  Ornaments will follow.  Last year I forgot (can you imagine?) forgot to display my cross stitch ornaments.  Be assured that will not be the case this  year.  I haven't seen those ornaments for two years now.  I am looking forward to it. 

A few days after Thanksgiving, the toms came for a visit.  I now have eight Tom Turkeys.  Last year I had four.  I was able to get a photo as they went through the back yard.

The photo was taken with the Thanksgiving snow on the ground.  We had a brief period of time with no snow but now we have new snow on the ground.  Isn't winter fun?

I have been stitching.  I am enjoying the afghan.  I am almost done with Block #9.  I have a few flowers in the lower  right corner and back stitching to do.  The end is in sight.



3 comments:

Sharon Carson said...

The afghan is beautiful..I enjoy reading your blog.

Sandra said...

Love seeing your progress on your afghan. Turkeys in yard are fun to see.

Maggee said...

The afghan is quite beautiful. The end is near--can't wait!! It isn't really winter yet... you may be in for a long cold time of it!