Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Autumn in the Village by Stoney Creek - done


Technically this was finished in 2013.  It will be my first finish for the year.  I was close last night with only the roof of the needle work shop, the lamp post and the pumpkin cart to be completed.  I just couldn't do it.  So I got up this morning and finished it in a few hours.

I thought some close up photos might be in order.  There is a ton of back stitching on this project.  It does make it look amazing but really  - - it was a lot of work.
I so very happy to have this one done.  I started looking around for what to start next.  I am currently involved in six (count them six) series projects and two afghans.  What was I thinking?  Anyway - I need to get working on so many different things.  This project took forever but when I look back at it, it have also been doing Christmas presents and all kinds of other things. 

Happy New Year everyone.  I hope and pray that this year is better than last year.

5 comments:

kimstitch3 said...

Looks perfect.Lovely finish

Virpi said...

I'm so happy for you. It looks so pretty!

Linda said...

Hi Taffy. I just found your blog and became a follower. Congrats on the finish. What a stunning piece. I love it.

Linda
If you have time, come by my blog:
http://www.bengalcatlover10.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Hi Taffy,
First of all I want to wish you and your family a happy 2013 with the prospect of winning the battle with this ugly disease!
Congrats on finishing the Autumn Street! It really looks amazing (I also detest backstitching ;-)
Have a nice weekend!
Ann

♥GiuGiu♥ said...

I love it !!!