Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Some Finishing and Chirstmas Ideas


I did some finishing today.   I worked today to finish three ornaments. I used DMC Memory threads to make my ornaments 3D!  There is a candy cane in the tree with the snowman.  I used red memory thread and stitched it on with white to make it look like a candy cane.  I also put a white bow on the package of that one and the hanger is three pieces of memory thread twisted together.  It was so easy and it looks great.  Beads can add dimension to a project and memory thread takes it one step further.

Do you need a Christmas idea for a stitcher?  Does Santa need a little help?  My brother makes these wonderful threaders.  He uses Loran  threaders (the small end) in a wooden handle.  I love these.  Most of the threaders have magnets in their bases.  It adds a bit of heft to the handle and the magnet is wonderful for keeping track of the threader and needles that go astray.  I mostly have long handles but there are few short ones.  Two of the short ones do not have magnets.  For pricing and shipping information, please contact me at taffystreasures@yahoo.com. 

No comments: