Saturday, January 18, 2014

It Has Been a Week???!!!

Where does the time go?  It has been a very hectic week around here.  On Tuesday I had Christmas once more.  My sister and her husband came for a visit and gifts were exchanged.  I wanted to share The Tree of Courage, which is a hand blown glass globe with a tree in the center.  I hope the picture comes through so you can see it.  I love the colors - of course


I took the photo with snow in the background in hopes that it would show up good.  Blues, purples, brown and red are all included in this globe.  It has been by my chair because I consider it a 'safe place' while home remodel took place for the rest of the week.  Yes, I have a new bedroom floor.  Carpet is gone and wood has been put down.  My allergies will be much happier with this - I hope.  Also I have a new smaller bed.  This gives me more room.  It was a crazy week with everything being moved out and back and forth.  The room is not quite done yet.


Today was a banner day.  I had stash in the mail with some Lakeside Linen ornament cuts coming along with some freebies  Then there was Christmas once more.  My good friend stitched me the little ornament in the Whimzie frame.  I am not sure who the designer is on that one.  And (drum roll please) purple scissors!!  Thank you Thank you.  I went to embroidery club this morning.  I WON!  I WON! I WON!  I won a CD with 50 different heart designs for the new sewing machine.  Yippee!  Then I did a bit of retail therapy with the snowman quilt block and some new colors for my embroidery machine.

I have been stitching.  I am done with the afghan except for the border (crochet one).  I am so close to finishing Just Nan's Autumn.  I was not able to stitch this week with the house so torn up.  We now have snow and very cold temperatures about to hit us again.  So in between putting my room back together, I hope to get some stitching done.  Sorry I haven't been on line much but hopefully I will be able to share more photos soon.

1 comment:

Mii Stitch said...

Wow, that bauble is amazing!