Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Good Stitching Day!


Be Jolly by Lizzie Kate is done.  Strange colors.  Looks good.  It will join the pile of other finishes that I am not sure what to do with.

Now I am working on this insert that will go in a check book cover.  This was a project by PG Peddler.  The chart called for four shades of a color.  In my case the cover is purple.  I decided to use overdyed colors.  I am using purples on the outside and the dividing lines in this piece.  I plan on using Jelly Bean in the little squares. 

I had a good stitching day.  Today I had a friend over and we sat, listened to music, stitched and chatted all day.  Wow - I miss that.  I did get a lot done.  The hours flew by.  Rumor has it that we will see a major (for this year) snowfall later this week.  More stitching time!!

5 comments:

Barb said...

fCute Lizzie Kate piece. Sounds like you had a good stitching day.

Nancy M said...

I think it would be cute as a cube or flat fold finish.

Anonymous said...

Love your Lizzie Kate piece. Love your blog. It makes me want to cross stitch more. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Recently found your blog after searching for a finished piece I was interested in. I spent quite an evening reading through from when you started and the impressive finishes you've had.

I noticed you had a display cabinet made under your desk in the craft room and wondered what it looked like filled as you've never shown it. Also at some of the other places you display your hard work. Perhaps you could show us how you enjoy your pieces.

Shanda said...

I love the Be Jolly, and see there is some red and green in it!!