Monday, April 11, 2016

My First Night At Camp

Pardon me while I dream. It is possible that I will spend my very first night at camp later this week.  A cot and an air bed might serve for that first night.  I am very busy packing.  Kitchen stuff.  Cleaning stuff.  Temperatures are promised to remain over freezing so the water can be turned on.  There will be a turn over ceremony on Wednesday.  I plan to start moving in immediately. 

I am counting my blessings.  Most winters in my area would not allow construction to continue. This year things have been moving right along.  Only this year could we be so ready to move in.  Isn't it wonderful?  I would love an overnight.  I look forward to an early morning coffee on the porch while watching the mist rise from the river.  Wish me luck. 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm so happy for you Taffy. Are you moving to the cabin permanently or is it just like a weekend/vacation cabin?

Linda

Nancy calero said...

You may need your longjohns and a jacket but the coffee will be extra special that day.

Robin in Virginia said...

Best wishes on camp being turned over to you and getting settled in. I was wondering the same thing that Linda mentioned above.

Taffy said...

The camp is designed as a three season vacation spot. During most winters there is too much snow to get to the cabin. While we are moving in this week, I am well aware that next spring it will most likely be May before we consider getting into camp. If ever there was a winter to be building, this was it!