Saturday, April 16, 2016

Camp is ready for more

After three days of packing, moving and putting stuff away, I am exhausted. My knee is huge and now has ice on it. The kitchen is functional.  The basics are there.  We even had an overnight. It was 28 degrees on the porch early yesterday morning.  My brother was here and is the energizer bunny.  I am so grateful for his help and guidance through this whole project.  This took about two years of dreaming and doing to get to this point.  Amazing.  Fantastic.  I am in awe.  Let me share some photos.


The fire was very welcome.  The sampler was stitched by a dear friend.  It is a Bent Creek. It says something about a journey beginning with a single step.  Perfect for this long and involved project.

From inside the completely empty porch.  I love the door.  I had to ask if I picked it out.  

There it is.  Yes, there is water on two sides right now with spring thaw and rains.  

Great grandson discovered the storage closet for pellets.  He had a grand time discovering the camp.

Ready for the party.  The builder showed up with the Team, a new grill, all the fixings for a party.  Drinks, chips, brats, salads, pickles.  Amazing.  It was great.  I am so impressed with this team. They did a fantastic job.  More to come. 

5 comments:

viv said...

I'm so happy for you and happy you have shared the process and your joy. I wish great happiness and peace to all who enter your door.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a thrilling new adventure for you! Wishing you much enjoyment with the days spent at camp.

Annie said...

It looks amazing! I'm so happy for you that this dream is now a reality:)

chickenchupacabra said...

I want to move in. :)

Honeybee said...

Just beautiful! When I see all that gorgeous wood in there I think it must smell so new and wonderful. :O)