Friday, May 1, 2015

May Day 2015

Where does the time go?  I have been having a difficult time this spring.  The two year anniversary of Jack's death came and went.  I seemed okay.  Since that time I have not been okay.  One friend said that the third year can be even harder as you realize that there is no going back and it is final.  Yes, it is.  I feel a turning point is near but I am not sure where I am turning to.  There are days when tears stop all stitching.  I am hoping that I can now return to my stitching as I feel the need to 'get something done'. 

I have been working on the hardanger pansy piece.  I finished the cross stitch and I need to start cutting and doing a ton of woven bars.  I found the prospect boring so I moved on to something new.  Here is the pansy piece.





For a distraction, I started stitching a summer village scene.  Stitched over one and part of a series.  Autumn and spring already hang on my wall.  I am enjoying the stitching.  That is a huge improvement over the last few weeks.




Meetings are happening on the camp project.  The builder is seeking agency approval which will be first before the building permits.  When this happens, life will be hectic and things will happen fast.  At least I hope so.  I will continue to share these plans and ideas on that project.

4 comments:

Honeybee said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time... and sorry for your loss. No words of advice, just a {hug}.

Deb said...

The saying"Time heals all wounds " is a bit deceiving.... I hope better days are ahead for you.
Your Pansies are beautiful!
Wishing you the best on your upcoming project.

Vickie said...

I am sorry your heart is so heavy.
The hardanger pansy piece is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. ...sending prayers.. holy schmoly ..you are doing your village with 1 over 1? wow..how brave! it's looking beautiful.