Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekend Projects

 I started another afghan.  It is purple but it looks blue here.  Shells and lace is the name of the pattern.  I like to work on this at night when I really can't concentrate as much.

I found it!  This is the quilted Dude that I made years ago.  The Dude is the logo for McCarthy Construction where Jack and I worked for a total of more than 50 years combined!  Now I have to decided where to hang him.

 I did finish the outside edge on the 'over one' project.  I am up close here.  It really isn't very big.  I will put it in a small frame and wear it as a necklace.

The afghan continues.  I did take a little break from the stitching to try out the new snow shoes.  Whew!  That is hard work.  It was pretty out and nice and warm.  Old Man Winter is about to return with a vengeance.  It is time to return to my stitching.  I hope everyone found a few moments to spend with a hobby of your own.

2 comments:

chickenchupacabra said...

Gorgeous blue/purple afghan! Looking forward to seeing the necklace.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am a 35 year old, Aussie, fairly new to cross stitching lady. I don't have a blog, read many blogs or have any plans to write a blog but I have found that I do enjoy reading your blog. I was wondering if you would consider adding the "Follow by email" gadget to your blog? Apparently its free and very easy to add and I would love to subscribe to your blog with my hotmail account :-)