Thursday, August 18, 2011

Progress is being made!!!

I finished the two birds. I think they are pretty. I am not sure what else I will put around them. They look a bit lonely.
Then I started working on the upper flap for the back of the envelope. This will be interesting with the finishing below the red garland and bows. My mind is spinning as to how to handle this part.

To answer a comment question: What is a mail art? Well, a 'mail art' is a stitched envelope. I am a member of an international group that exchanges stitched envelopes. We usually have a theme to guide us. This time it is the use of a group of charts that are free on the internet in Lilian's Aunt's Attic. I will finish this stitchery and then fashion it into an envelope and then hand it over to the post office for delivery. I have quite a collection on envelopes that I have received from all over the world. It is fun.

No comments: