Thursday, February 26, 2009

Show and Tell time

Here is today's stitching update. I first stitched across the top and then I concentrated on the upper left corner. It sure looks like the backstitching will make a big difference.


This is a bit of a brag. I received this cane in the mail just the other day. I really wish the photo showed the color better as the wood on the main stick of the cane is a beautiful purple color! Purple poplar - who knew? The large dots in the handle are made with a wood called Purple Heart. (The creator certainly has my heart!) Across the top of the handle are small dots made with Pink Pearl wood. Under the two dots toward the back have magnets hidden underneath. This will allow me to pick up needles when I drop them. Wow - - he thought of everything. This cane was made by my son. I am thrilled and so proud of his new hobby.

No comments: