Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Winter Has Arrived

I didn't fall off the earth.  I did seem very busy with lots of little details.  Now the winter chill has descended on us and I am finally getting some stitching done.  First I decided to work on Part 3 of the Sam Sarah project.  The final parts arrived and I wanted to get it done.

 This was when I finished the base stitching and backstitching.  It was then ready for buttons.


Here it is in all it's glory.  This seems like it has been a very long time that I have been working on this one.  I am glad to add it to the finished pile.  But then I had to figure out what else to work on.  I have been cold lately.  I don't dare complain because if I lived near Buffalo, I would be buried in snow about now.  We did get a dusting one day and then it turned cold, cold, cold.  I have to bundle up to go outside but at least I don't have to worry about shoveling it.  My decision is to work on a couple of things.  First - a nice warm afghan.  I pulled out the Hummingbird Trellis project and began work on block #8.
The hummingbird now has a tail.  This block also gets a lot of flowers.  They will be started tonight.  I do love working on afghan fabric.

1 comment:

Maggee said...

I think your Sam Sarah Project is the most finished that I have seen so far--it looks great! Stitching an afghan in cold weather is a very good idea!