Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nashville Market Day

Now that Jack has resumed normal breathing - I can take a moment to savor and share my wonderful day. As the girls said, This is my last hurrah before the big move.... No LNS near me in NY so today I went to both the shops in our area.First thing Jeanne gave me a gift bag. Inside was a lovely note and a tote bag made by and from Christine. Oh My Gosh!!!! I can't believe her talent and generosity. Isn't it great? Currently it is full of my market stash. Thank you so much Christine.

Well, where do I start? Blue Ribbons Design's new chart is in the upper left hand corner. Then I found a JABCO strawberry wool pin cushion kit. There in the middle is the JABCO Black bird threader and magnet of bee and butterflies. The Tuesday Morning and Friday night charts come with some wonderful fabric. There is also the two Sweetheart Tree kits. One is the quadrille kit and the other one with the blue birds also has a mat board cut to use with the finishing of this project. The bright colors up front in the middle is Clips that get decorated with yo-yos and buttons. They should be fun.
Then at another shop - - (yes, there were two) I found the Victoria Sampler Quilting Bee chart and threads which were on order. The I found a Dinky Dye chart with the most beautiful purple included floss. The Kringle Keepers were on my list and will be made by next Christmas. The Butterfly chart came with a yummy purple finger tip towel to stitch it on. The Santa is a Heinzit with chart and bauble. Just Nan's Whirling Birds was a limited edition market deal and I wasn't taken with it on line but it found a way into my bag anyway. The little box contains silk flosses that are colorfast and overdyed. I can't wait to discover something to use those for. Oh the Peace symbol chart is marvelous. Also under all this stuff is a new magazine/newspaper called Spool with all kinds of ideas for crafts. Oh and there is a book by Blackbird Designs that is full of ideas and projects.

All in all it was a great day. It was wonderful XS shopping as I haven't been in quite some time. It was great to see friends I haven't seen in some time. It was fun to laugh and giggle and tell stories. (If anyone sees Harriet - ask her about the fork that tried to follow her home...) There was a general understanding that in some cases, I was saying good bye. This idea makes me sad and brings some tears. I will always think of St. Louis and cross stitch friends as being one and the same. I am happy to be going on our new adventure but I am sad to say good bye.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh, goodbyes are so sad. I'm glad I won't be there to see you saying goodbye to each of your friends. They are the people who make places far away seem like home. I know how hard it will be, but I hope they will come visit from time to time. Your stash is wonderful! I can't wait to hear about the fork!