Sunday, June 14, 2009

This is a challenge - -


This is Pere Noel Charmant by TournicOtOn. This was a kit of the month that I purchased last year. It took forever to get it - - it came from France. I have been working on this for about a week. I will add more Americana ornaments to fill in soon - - I do try to stay about a week ahead of the blog. (I don't like the pressure....) ANYWAY - This is a very cute design. It is filled with many, many specialty stitches with just a few regular cross stitches. I have a problem - all the instructions are IN FRENCH!!! The stitch diagrams are self explanatory but the instructions telling you where to use each stitch are to be used are in French. Trust me when I say that my limited high school French classes are of little use for this project. My plan is to use my color photo, shown here, as my main guide. I am also using an on line translator for some of the instructions. Arghhhhhh - - this is going to be a challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't you just love those French designs? They're always done so nicely, but not *too* complicated to stitch. Much nicer, if you ask me, than many of our US designs!

Lori