Wednesday, July 8, 2009
A lesson learned
There is a bit of history about this piece. This is a design called Random Thoughts by Drawn Thread. I started it many, many years ago. I had that full piece of fabric. I did some calculations and decided I could cut the fabric in half. (I now measure twice and cut only once.) I then stitched the top half. As I rolled the scroll bar, I discovered that I was running out of room and the whole design would no longer fit. For years this sat in a drawer while I pondered what to do. I have now stitched the top half. I plan to do a double row of four sided stitches at the top of the bottom and the bottom of the top. I will then stitch the two together. I will then finish with the hemstitching that the piece calls for. I hope it all works out. This has been a tough lesson to learn.